11/21/2011 — CLEVELAND, OH — /PRNewswire/ – PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), a premier global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, today announced that Cynthia D. Tomasch has been appointed to the position of vice president, planning and investor relations.
Effective December 14, 2011, Ms. Tomasch will succeed Joseph P. Kelley and will be responsible for PolyOne’s corporate financial analysis and planning functions. She will also lead all investor relations activities and serve as the primary point of contact for PolyOne’s investment community.
“Cynthia is a proven and respected leader at PolyOne with extensive experience in several areas. She led a key business unit to record levels of performance, earning our Chairman’s Leadership Award in 2010,” said Robert M. Patterson, executive vice president and chief financial officer. “I’m pleased to have a business unit leader fill this important role. Cynthia brings the discipline, industry knowledge and communications skills that will enable her to be successful in this new position.”
Mr. Patterson added, “At the same time, I would like to thank Joe for his valued contributions to PolyOne’s ongoing transformation, and we wish him well in his new career.”
Ms. Tomasch joined PolyOne in 1992 through the B.F. Goodrich Company and has since served in a variety of leadership roles, including sales, marketing and finance. Since 2009, Ms. Tomasch has served as general manager, specialty coatings and resins, where under her leadership she increased revenues 24 percent while significantly improving return on sales.
Ms. Tomasch earned a bachelor’s degree in physics from Denison University and an MBA from Case Western Reserve University.
PolyOne Corporation, with 2010 revenues of $2.6 billion, is a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered outside of Cleveland, Ohio USA, PolyOne has operations around the world. For additional information on PolyOne, visit our Web site at www.polyone.com.
To access PolyOne’s news library online, please go to www.polyone.com/news.
- Execs weigh in PolyOne-ColorMatrix deal (compositology.com) 11/21/2011
- PolyOne Buys ColorMatrix Group (compositology.com) 10/07/2011
- PolyOne Stat-Tech NT Nanotube Formulation Wins Innovation Award (compositology.com) 08/30/2011
- PolyOne reports lower second-quarter earnings (compositology.com) 08/04/2011
- Biopolymer Compounds from PolyOne Reduce Environmental Impact (compositology.com) 06/28/2011
- PolyOne Distribution Announces Global Expansion Into Asia (compositology.com) 06/17/2011
- PolyOne offering masterbatches based on Dow’s PLA impact modifier (compositology.com) 05/15/2011
- PolyOne Opens New Technology Center (compositology.com) 05/15/2011
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 27th, 2011 at 15:20
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.