The decision, disclosed in an October 4th memo to Amarr (the sole US distributor for Jeld-Wen garage doors), was featured on the Garage Door Corporation blog, and was confirmed by GDC in a follow-up conversation with Jeld-wen on October 10th. The production will halt effective October 28th. It is not known at this time which Jeld-Wen facility manufactures the garage doors, or whether this decision will result in staff reduction.
The three Jeld-wen garage door lines (Traditional, Estate, and Carriage House), were unique to the marketplace, being skinned and trimmed with wood-plastic composite manufactured from 80% recycled materials.
It is unknown if the decision to cease operations was slated before the completed Onex acquisition, or if it was the first course of action of Onex. It may be a coincidence that Amarr was notified of the termination of the product line the day after the Onex acquisition was completed.
- Onex Completes Acquisition of JELD-WEN (compositology.com) 10/03/2011
- Canadian Unions Caution Onex Over Jeld-Wen Acquisition (compositology.com) 10/01/2011
- Jeld-Wen Settles With Gov For Clean Air Violations (compositology.com) 09/27/2011
- Jeld-Wen Publically Denies Bankruptcy Fears (compositology.com) 09/24/2011
- Jeld-Wen’s financial problems spill over on shareholders, past employees (compositology.com) 09/17/2011
- Jeld-Wen – Onex Deal in Jeopardy? (compositology.com) 09/05/2011
- Jeld-Wen Names Orsino President (compositology.com) 08/20/2011
- Jeld-Wen Acquisition by Onex Corp Approved in Europe (compositology.com) 06/24/2011
- Jeld-Wen sells stake to Canadian investors (compositology.com) 05/08/2011
- Jeld-Wen Suing Four Glass Manufacturers For Price Fixing (compositology.com) 04/14/2011
- Jeld-Wen and EPA Reach Settlement on PCP Cleanup (compositology.com) 04/14/2011
Tags: Building Products, Carriage House, composite, Composites, Compositology, Jeld-Wen, Klamath Falls Oregon, Manufacturing, Onex, Onex Corporation, Recycling, wood-plastic composite, wood-plastic composites, WPC, WPC manufacturer, WPCs
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 at 13:55
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.