GLEN ELLYN, ILL. –04/19/2011–PLASTICS NEWS — The Vinyl Fence, Deck and Railing Manufacturers Association (VFDRMA), a Division of the American Fence Association, has announced its 2011 officers and committee chairs.
New officers are Stan Hathorn of Homeland Vinyl Products in Birmingham, Ala., as chair; Mike Burkart, Waymark Fence & Rail Accessories, Denver, as vice-chair; Peter Williams, Jr., Eastern Wholesale Fence, Medford, N.Y., as treasurer; Mike McGuire, Enduris Extrusions, Jacksonville, Fla., as secretary; and John Purvis, Kroy Building Products Inc., Cary, N.C., as immediate past chair.
In addition, Paul German, Nebraska Plastics Inc. in Cozad, Neb., was announced as member-at-large; Cindy Zwergel, the Vinyl Answer Inc., Coraopolis, Pa. as Tier 3 representative; and Bob Burton, CFP, Poly Vinyl Creations, Inc., Hudson, Fla. as AFA representative.
New committee chairs for the association are Don Hardekopf, Homeland Vinyl Products in Birmingham, Ala., as education chair; Brad Lynn, LMT Mercer Group Inc., Lawrenceville, N.J., as membership chair; Zwergel as marketing chair; Dave Gargett, Royal Outdoor Products, Milford, Ind., as code/technical chair; and Hathorn as standards and accreditation chair.
The Vinyl Fence, Deck and Railing Manufacturers Association (VFDRMA), a Division of the American Fence Association, represents the interests and serves the needs of all vinyl fence, deck and railing related companies. VFDRMA is pursuing strategies to assure a bright future for vinyl fence, deck and railing. VFDRMA is working for widespread support from all levels of our industry to ensure that all levels of membership have a voice in the advancement of the following strategic objectives:
- Develop product performance standards to govern all manufacturers and establish a comprehensive accreditation program to ensure ongoing compliance with the established standards.
- Collectively influence the development of product code requirements for fence deck and railing products.
- Develop a marketing campaign to promote the use of vinyl fence deck and railing products.
- Develop a third party market intelligence collection program to solicit, assemble and disseminate market statistics and intelligence.
- Monitor the activities of consumer and environmental advocacy groups and deploy counter measures to advance the public perception of vinyl fence deck and railing products.
- Develop trade and consumer educational programs to demonstrate the engineered performance of vinyl fence, deck and railing products.
- Formation of strategic alliances.
For more information, go to www.americanfenceassociation.com and click on the VFDRMA link
Tags: AFA, American Fence Association, Business, Construction and Maintenance, Deck and Railing Manufacturers Association, Decking, Fence, Fencing, Materials and Supplies, PVC, VFDRMA, vinyl, vinyl decking, Vinyl Fence, vinyl fencing, vinyl railing
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 21st, 2011 at 10:19
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.